Friday 23 September 2011

Long List Exercise

Here is my long list exercise. After reading Enric Jardi’s book I tried to apply some of the tips he suggests within my poster itself. For example when I was creating hierarchy, I didn’t use too many categories (tip number 7), I only changed the pts size or colour. I also didn’t leave any words hanging (tip number 14) and no bold serifs were used (tip number 17). These are just some of the tips I incorporated into my design. When designing the poster I also used the same colour scheme as the book, which is orange, blue and black, to give a relation between the book and the poster and finally to give the poster movement and make it interesting I used the positioning of the number within the circle to lead your eye firstly down the left column and then back up the right column, therefore involving the viewer and not simply creating a normal top to bottom list. 


After Feedback:
The 'Penguin Book' look has been edited out. The text has some more room to breathe. And the design has been slightly simplified to relate again back to the original book. 



1 comment:

  1. Well considered but the big orange bands scream 'Penguin Books' and the niceness of the design of his book is its simplicity, so tone it down a bit. The type is hugging the numbers a bit too much - give it some breathing room.

    ReplyDelete