Friday 4 November 2011

How do I get there?

My morning starts with me leaving the house, half asleep and usually in a rush because I pushed for that extra ten minutes in bed, and jumping in my car. The drive in the morning is the worst due to the busy traffic and the never-ending turn after turn in the maze I call Cumbernauld. I speed into Tesco car park and leave my car in a space as I run up to the bus stop, or to be honest in this case it’s more of a fast walk as I am pretty lazy, especially in the morning. The wait at the bus stop, if you can call it that, is over pretty fast as I usually just catch the bus before the doors close in my face. Once on the bus I take my seat with everybody else and can finally relax as my bit of getting me to Uni on time over the responsibility is now the driver’s. The bus is the longest part of my journey to uni and in the latter half of this ride I usually tend to nod off or yawn extremely loudly, unless Liam is there to keep me awake. The bus usually pulls into Glasgow at about 8.55 allowing me to perfectly time my brisk walk up to Uni and make my class in what I call perfect timing, for 9.00 on the dot. 


The poster here is like a timeline starting with my house at the bottom and ending at the top with Uni. The blue background is to give the effect of how the mornings feel just now, cold and dark. The first part of my journey is the drive to Tesco and by using overlapping text and changing the angle of certain parts, I tried to create a hectic pattern to give the feeling I have every morning when in the car. I also wanted the pattern to look like tire skid marks to emphasise how much of a rush I am in. The waiting part of the journey is the shortest and hints at the idea of me shouting at the bus to stop before it leaves without me. The bus journey is shown through the sigh, which I let out when I finally get to sit down in a seat, and the curving nature of the text was to hint at the smooth journey the bus takes along the sweeping Steps bypass to get into Glasgow. Finally I used exclamation marks as if they were my footprints to show my short walk to Uni, which is just across the road, as my bus parks at Buchanan Bus Station. 






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know why there is some sort of ghost mark around the type, doesn't have this on the file :( i will try get this sorted.

    When you click the image to make it bigger it doesn't seem as bad.

    ReplyDelete